“The DCS project team did an outstanding job enabling our pick to light solution. Based on deployment, we’ve realized a 2X increase of productivity while improving overall service levels to our customers.” Mike Cost, Superior C.O.O.
Superior Communications is a leading provider of wireless products. They are based in LaVerge, TN in a 130,000 square foot warehouse with over 200 employees. They opened in July, 2017 and when they reached their system capacity, they asked DCS for help.
Superior Communications needed to improve facility utilization and picking efficiency while decreasing the overall cycle time of an order. DCS created and implemented a solution designed to: Improve Storage Capabilities, Optimize Material Flow, & Increase Productivity.
DCS researched to understand the previous operation and create a system that met the operational requirements while providing excellent value.
• Additional 1,840 pallet positions added for storage
• “Zone Routing” systems utilized to reduce travel for pickers
• New system specially routed to VAS areas for faster throughput
• Doubled productivity on first day with zero impact to existing operations during implementation
• Increased utilization of existing space for operations
• Associate reallocation to higher-value tasks